The people of NSA protect the Nation through their ideas, talents, and skills. We invite you to do the same.
How to Apply
If you are a U.S. citizen and are interested in working for NSA, start by reviewing each of our career field descriptions to find which career path you would like to pursue. Then conduct a job search to look for current openings. Our needs are constantly changing, so if you don't find a suitable opening now, please check back frequently.
Submitting Your Resume
Your resume must be in our system in order to be considered for a job opening. Our application program provides an automated, user-friendly way to create and submit your resume online. Please only submit one resume regardless of the number of jobs for which you would like to apply. Your skills and qualifications will be matched against all available openings.
To submit your resume, you must use the Resume Builder Tool - you cannot upload a resume. Incomplete resumes may result in your application being closed out. NOTE: If you provided a hard copy resume you still MUST complete the Resume Builder and include the following information under the respective sections:
- Past and current employment
- Volunteer work
- Extracurricular activities
- School activities
Work Experience Details: In this section, you will be asked to answer specific questions related to:
- Relevant Military experience
- International work experience
- Experience related to the Intelligence Community
- Specific computer science related experience
- Other relevant technical experience
- Current college/university, current major, expected degree (Bachelors, Masters, PhD) and grad date, overall GPA
- Previous degrees, college/university attended, major, grad date, overall GPA (if applicable)
- If completing undergraduate degree in Dec 12 or May 13, and immediately pursuing graduate school, include college/university, expected degree and grad date
Education Details (It may be beneficial to have an UNOFFICIAL copy of your transcript available to help you answer questions in this section)
- Standardized test results
- Study abroad
- Enter relevant training courses you have taken, are currently taking, or will be taking during the spring 13 semester
Licenses and Certifications
- List any relevant licenses and certification (excluding drivers license)
- List any relevant foreign languages (computer languages should be listed under resume supplemental details)
Resume Supplemental Details
- This is the “catch all” block. Anything you want us to know that is not already captured, include here (i.e., computer languages, eagle scout, etc.)
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT hit the “Submit” button until you have completed each of these sections. To move to/view additional sections, please use the “Next Page” prompt on the lower right side.
Upon successful submission of your online resume, a confirmation message will appear on your screen. This is the only acknowledgment you will receive. It is not necessary to call to check on your resume status or continue to send multiple resumes. Our recruiters will match Agency requirements against your resume and, if there is a fit, a recruiter will contact you by e-mail or telephone. All resumes are kept on file for six months.
For questions concerning the application process, please contact the Office of Recruitment at 1-866-NSA-HIRE (1-866-672-4473) or e-mail customercare@NSA.gov.