Employment Business Opportunities
- Who works at the National Security Agency/Central Security Service (NSA/CSS)?
- How do I become an NSA employee?
- My company can help NSA. How can I get a contract?
- Can NSA/CSS help my company test its systems for security or protect its information?
- I need to verify employment of an NSA employee. Where do I go?
1. Who works at the National Security Agency/Central Security Service (NSA/CSS)?
The NSA/CSS workforce comprises civilian employees and military service members-Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. A diverse array of professionals is represented including: mathematicians, civil engineers, electrical engineers, intelligence analysts, language analysts, physicists, computer scientists, researchers, security officers, data flow experts, budget analysts, contract specialists, finance managers, and many more.
2. How do I become an NSA employee?
As one of the nation's premiere intelligence agencies, NSA offers unique and challenging employment opportunities. Because we protect some of our nation's most coveted information while exploiting that of our adversaries, each NSA employee must be a loyal, trustworthy U.S. citizen and must qualify for a TOP SECRET clearance. For more about careers and the hiring process, visit the careers section of our web site and check out full-time employment opportunities or one of the many scholarship, internship, or high school work/study programs. Once you find something that fits your interests and qualifications, you can apply online.
3. My company can help NSA. How can I get a contract?
Register with the NSA Acquisition Resource Center at www.nsaarc.net to highlight your company's capabilities and identify a point of contact. For more information, visit the Doing Business With Us section.
4. Can NSA/CSS help my company test its systems for security or protect its information?
As part of our cybersecurity mission, NSA provides guidance, products, and services to protect classified and unclassified national security systems against exploitation from interception, unauthorized access, or related technical intelligence threats. If your company provides support to defense or national security, you may qualify for assistance. Check the cybersecurity section of our web site for more information.
5. I need to verify employment of an NSA employee. Where do I go?
National Security Agency has implemented a new automated Verification of Employment (VOE) process for current NSA employees.
As such, NSA will no longer accept VOE requests via fax or phone from external third party companies. Third party requests will only be accepted for previous NSA employees. Please clearly state that the employee is a previous employee in your request.
Current NSA employees must use the new streamlined tool to submit requests directly to the VOE office.
For questions call the VOE Office - 301-688-8713
The hours of operation are - 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.