FT. MEADE, Md. –
The 2019 Armed Forces Day & National Police Celebration will be at the National Cryptologic Museum (NCM) in Annapolis Junction, Maryland, on Saturday, May 18, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. All are welcome to participate in the festivities and meet men and women serving in the armed services and police departments from the local area.
This year’s theme is “For the Nation. For the People.” NSA leaders agree the theme captures the spirit and purpose of the men and women serving in today’s military and police forces.
The celebration will include dozens of displays and hands-on activities for children and adults to interact and get to know the people behind the uniform.
Some of the planned activities at the 2019 event include:
- The breath-taking precision of the U.S. Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon.
- Maryland State Police helicopter and Underwater Recovery Team.
- Exciting sounds of the U.S. Army Field Band.
- An Army National Guard Mobile Weapons of Mass Destruction & Biological Hazards Lab.
- Army Reserve military police and equipment.
- World War II reenactors demonstrating, cryptologic devices and other period equipment.
- NSA Police K-9 demonstrations, SWAT team, armored vehicles, and all-terrain vehicles.
- Nautical knot tying with U.S. Navy Sailors.
- Intelligence and surveillance missions with U.S. Air Force Airmen.
- Talking on ham radio.
- STEM activities with NSA’s K–12 STEM Outreach programs and U.S. Navy Sea Cadets.
- Benefits information for veterans from the Baltimore Veterans Affairs Center
- The opportunity for children to earn free Snow Cones (while supplies last).
Updates about the 2019 Armed Forces Day and National Police Celebration are available at www.Facebook.com/NationalCryptologicMuseum.
The NCM is located on Colony Seven Road off Rt. 32, exit 10A, adjacent to Fort George G. Meade, Md. For more information, visit www.nsa.gov or call 301-688-5849.