FORT MEADE, Md. –
Media may attend Armed Forces Day at the National Cryptologic Museum on May 16, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. in celebration of the men and women serving in our nation's Armed Forces. This year's event will focus on the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II and promises to be a day of fun and education for the whole family.
- The U.S. Air Force Band "Airmen of Note, " premier jazz ensemble from 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- The Maryland Army National Guard equipment displays.
- Ham radio demonstrations where you can talk to other ham radio users at other locations.
- NSA Police K-9 Unit demonstrations.
- The U.S. Naval Sea Cadets will have crafts for all ages.
- The USO of Metropolitan Washington-Baltimore is coming with giant Jenga puzzles for fun and friendly competition.
- Museum tours throughout the day.
- Scavenger hunts for children to earn free ice cream (while supplies last).
- Presentations on key historical events by the National Cryptologic Museum's Curator.
Updates about the National Cryptologic Museum's Armed Forces Day celebration are available at www.Facebook.com/NationalCryptologicMuseum.
The National Cryptologic Museum is located on Colony Seven Road off Rt. 32, exit 10A, adjacent to Fort George G. Meade, Md. For more information, visit NSA.gov or call (443) 634-9700.