Summer Intern Program for Science and Technology (SIP/ST)
About the Program
The Summer Intern Program for Science and Technology (SIP/ST) is a full time 12-week summer internship program open to college juniors who are concentrating their studies in the disciplines of computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer systems engineering, network engineering, mechanical engineer or telecommunications.
The SIP/ST participants have an opportunity to work with leading computer scientists and engineers on the nation’s toughest cyber problems while enhancing their skills in assignments related to their major. The students work closely with a project mentor on a specific, mission-focused problem while learning in an exciting high-tech environment.
Applications are accepted September 1st through November 15th of each year.
Students are paid a competitive salary commensurate with their education level.
- Receive annual leave, sick leave and paid federal holidays
- Participation in agency-wide extracurricular programs
- Students who attend schools in excess of 75 miles from Ft. Meade, MD, are eligible for a round trip airfare ticket to and from school or mileage reimbursement up to the cost of a government-issued airline ticket.
- Subsidized housing accommodations are available upon request if school is located in excess of 75 miles from NSA main HQs campus
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be eligible to be granted a security clearance
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
- Must be a college junior or have at least college junior status (high potential sophomores may also be considered)
- Must be available for an operational interview and other applicable processing between the months of January and April 2013
Areas of interest for this program include, but are not limited to, coursework in:
- Algorithm analysis
- Automata theory and formal languages
- Compiler design principles
- Computer architecture or computer systems architecture
- Computer graphics
- Computer networks
- Database management systems
- Principles of programming languages
- Principles of operating systems
- Software design and development
How to Apply
Applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete packages, will not be considered.
To submit a resume online during open season, click any "Apply Online" link. Under "Basic Job Search," type in keywords "Semester Intern Program for Science and Technology" and click on "Search." Select "Summer Intern Program for Science and Technology" and click "Apply Now." Follow the directions as prompted.
Unofficial transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information
If you would like additional information about the Summer Intern Program for Science and Technology, please call us at 1-866-NSA-HIRE. You may also e-mail email@example.com or call 410-854-4523.