Human Resources Intern Program (HR)
About the Program
Spend your summer in this intense and exciting 12-week internship open to select college undergraduates majoring in Human Resources. You will gain practical HR experience while putting your intelligence to work in the U.S. Intelligence Community, working for the world's technology leader and top cryptologic organization. As an NSA HR Intern you will spend the summer working in one of these specialty areas such as: Total Compensation, Recruitment, or Global HR Service Delivery.
Applications are accepted September 1st - November 15th each year.
Students are paid a competitive salary commensurate with their education level.
- Receive annual leave, sick leave and paid federal holidays
- Participation in agency-wide extracurricular programs
- Students who attend schools in excess of 75 miles from Ft. Meade, MD, are eligible for a round trip airfare ticket to and from school or mileage reimbursement up to the cost of a government-issued airline ticket.
- Subsidized housing accommodations are available upon request if school is located in excess of 75 miles from NSA main HQs campus
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be eligible to be granted a security clearance.
- Must have a competitive GPA; preference is for a minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking college or university program; must have finished the junior year; and have at least one semester remaining following the internship.
- Must provide transcripts covering academic qualifications described above.
- Must major in Human Resources or have a Human Resources concentration.
- Must be available for an operational interview and other applicable processing between the months of January and April 2013
Candidates are expected to have completed courses in the following areas of study:
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Employment Law
- Organizational Behavior
- HR Strategy
- Global HR
- Workforce Planning and Staffing
- Performance Management
Skills and Abilities
We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate a variety of skills and abilities including:
- Customer Service to anticipate and identify the needs of customers
- Consulting Skills to build effective relationships with line managers to help them strategically manage their human resources
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills to articulate HR strategies, initiatives, options and advice
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation and policies related to HR
- Work Management and Organizational Skills to manage multiple activities to accomplish desired end results
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online on or before November 15th. Applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete packages, will not be considered.
To submit a resume online during open season, click any "Apply Online" link. Under "Basic Job Search", type in keywords "HR Intern Program" and click on "Search". Select HR Intern Program and click "Apply Now." Follow directions as prompted.
To be considered for HR Intern Program, your application should include:
- Official transcripts
- A resume
IMPORTANT: When applying online, you may only submit your resume. Please email the requested documentation to email@example.com or by mail at the following address:
National Security Agency
Office of Recruitment
P.O. Box 1661, Suite 6779
Fort Meade, MD 20755-6779
Attn: MB3, HR Summer Intern Program
Applications are not complete without the requested documentation.
If you have questions about the Human Resources Summer Intern Program, please contact us at the address above or call 1-866-NSA-HIRE. You may also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410) 854-4726.