Computer Science Intern Program (CSIP)
In the Computer Science Intern Program (CSIP), you will gain first-hand experience in critical work at NSA, while making a valuable contribution to national security. And you'll be earning a salary too!
As a CSIP intern, you will have the opportunity to apply your Computer Science skills to NSA hardware and software systems.
Applications are accepted September 1st - November 15th each year.
About the Program
The Computer Science Intern Program (CSIP) is an intense and exciting 12-week immersive internship open to select college undergraduate and graduate students majoring in Computer Science or closely related disciplines. Interns are assigned to projects that contribute to NSA's mission. Projects culminate in a short presentation and technical paper. Projects are typically in the areas of:
- Information Retrieval
- Information Visualization
- Natural Language Processing
- Information Extraction
- Ontology/Taxonomy and Graphical Analysis
- Information Query and Question Answering
- Knowledge and Data Representation, Distillation and Sharing
- Knowledge and Database Crawling
- Software Agent Planning and Control
- Automatic Speech Recognition
- Machine Translation (Speech to Text, Language to Language)
- Signal Processing
- Architecture & Systems
Students are paid a competitive salary commensurate with their education level.
- Receive annual and sick leave, federal holidays
- Students who attend schools in excess of 75 miles from Fort Meade, MD, are eligible for a round trip airfare ticket to and from school, or mileage reimbursement up to the cost of a government issued airline ticket.
- Housing accommodations can be arranged upon request.
- Participation in Agency-wide extracurricular programs
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be eligible to be granted a security clearance
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
- Must be a college junior, senior, or graduate student with at least one semester remaining
- Must be a Computer Science major or closely related discipline
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online on or before November 15th. Applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete packages, will not be considered.
To submit a resume online during open season, click any "Apply Online" link. Under "Basic Job Search", type in keywords "Computer Science Intern Program" and click on "search." Select Computer Science Intern Program and click "Apply Now." Follow directions as prompted.
To be considered for CSIP, you must submit a complete application package that includes:
*A well-written resume will include your contact information and current and past degree seeking programs with descriptions that include: major, GPA, attendance dates, anticipated graduation date, degree objective, lists of relevant courses completed, awards, honors, and recognitions, as well as any related experiences and projects.
For additional information, please e-mail email@example.com or call (410) 854-4726.