SELinux Related Work
The Flask architecture demonstrated in the security enhanced Linux® reference implementation has been ported to several other operating systems, including the Solaris operating system, the FreeBSD® operating system, and the Darwin kernel, has been ported to the Xen hypervisor, and has been applied to applications such as the X Window System, D-BUS and PostgreSQL. The concepts of the Flask architecture are broadly applicable to a wide range of systems and environments. Some of these related efforts have been described in the papers and slides available on the documentation page, and some have been mainstreamed into the respective upstream projects. Links are provided below for some of these related efforts that have their own external project site.
- Security Enhancements for Android provides a reference implementation of how to enable and apply SELinux in Android.
- Security-Enhanced BSD (SEBSD) is a port of Flask to FreeBSD.
- Security-Enhanced Darwin (SEDarwin) is a port of Flask to Darwin.
- The Xen Security Modules (XSM) framework and the Xen Flask security module is an application of the Flask architecture to the Xen hypervisor. This work has been upstreamed to Xen as of Xen 3.2.
- Security Enhanced PostgreSQL is an application of Flask to the PostgreSQL database system.
- The X Access Control Extension (XACE) framework and XSELinux module is an application of the Flask architecture to the X server. This work was described in this paper and has been upstreamed to Xorg for inclusion in xserver 1.5 and later.
- Security-Enhanced D-Bus (SE-DBUS) is an application of the Flask architecture to the D-Bus message bus system. SE-DBUS has been upstreamed to the D-BUS software.
- The application of Flask to the GConf configuration system was described in this paper.
Linux® is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries.
FreeBSD® is a registered trademark of the FreeBSD Foundation.
Solaris and OpenSolaris are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc in the United States and other countries.
Xen is a trademark of Xen Source, Inc in the United States and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google.