The annual Armed Forces & National Police Celebration will be held at the National Cryptologic Museum (NCM) in Annapolis Junction, Maryland, on Saturday, May 19, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (schedule & details at end). All are welcome to participate in the festivities and meet many of "America's Sons & Daughters" serving in the armed services and police departments from the local area.
The dozens of displays and hands-on activities at the event will encourage children and adults to meet men and women serving in our military and police forces, and learn about who they are and what they do to keep America safe. With less than one percent of Americans serving in uniform, this year's theme, "America's Sons & Daughters," defines and encapsulates the lives and service of all military members and policemen and women.
Visitors at this year's celebration will see 30 percent more activities and exhibitors over last year. Children can win prizes for participating in games and challenges.
The days' activities will include:
- The breath-taking precision of the world renowned U.S. Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon.
- The landing and take-off of a Maryland State Police helicopter ... and opportunity to climb into it.
- The exciting sounds of the U.S. Army Field Band Ambassadors Jazztet.
- World War II vehicles and equipment used by Soldiers during the war.
- Police K-9 demonstrations, SWAT teams, an Underwater Recovery Team equipment display, bio-hazard labs, armored vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, and much more police equipment.
- Nautical knot tying skills with U.S. Navy Sailors.
- Airmen talking about Air Force intelligence and surveillance missions.
- Setting up and talking on ham radio.
- STEM activities with NSA's K-12 STEM Outreach programs and U.S. Naval Sea Cadets.
- Benefits information for veterans from a local Veterans Affairs Center.
Schedule & Details:
- 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Tours, Exhibits & Displays all day indoors and out.
- Crypto Challenge (Kids win prizes!)
- Museum Trek (Anyone wins prizes!)
- Photo Cut-Outs - Take a photo in your favorite armed service uniform.
- Meet Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, & Marines
- Police K-9 Demonstrations
- Seek the Stars - Kids fill the activity card with stars and receive a free Snow Cone (while supplies last - kids only, please)
- 10:30 Maryland State Police Helicopter Arrives (Museum Front Parking Lot)
- 11:00 U.S. Army Field Band Ambassadors Jazztet (Museum Rear Parking Lot)
- 12:00 Civil Air Patrol Color Guard Demonstration (Museum Flagpole - Front of Museum)
- 12:15 U.S. Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon (Museum Front Parking Lot)
- 1:00 U.S. Army Field Band Ambassadors Jazztet (Museum Rear Parking Lot)
Updates about the Armed Forces Day and National Police Week celebration are available at www.Facebook.com/NationalCryptologicMuseum.
The National Cryptologic Museum is located on Colony Seven Road off Rt. 32, exit 10A, adjacent to Fort George G. Meade, Md. For more information, visit the National Cryptologic Museum section of NSA.gov or call (301) 688-5849.