The growing sophistication and number of cyber-attacks necessitate an equally vigorous and rapid response. In exploring available approaches, the NSA developed a strategy to leverage the cyber security expertise of industry. This innovative strategic initiative is called the National Security Cyber Assistance Program (NSCAP). NSCAP is designed to identify companies qualified to provide rapid, on-site intrusion detection and incident response support services, using highly skilled and qualified staff to execute thoroughly documented and repeatable processes and procedures.
NSCAP Strategic Objectives
- Address cyber defense concerns across government
- Leverage industry expertise
- Develop a list of accredited cyber security service providers
- Promote public-private collaboration
Critical Focus Areas
NSCAP accreditation is granted to qualified providers who are capable of consistently delivering cyber services to government customers as characterized by the critical focus areas.
- Business Statement of Intent
- Core Capabilities Overview
- Education and Training Plan
- Key Team Qualifications Report
- Client-Furnished Information and Data Management Plan
- Past Performance
- Process and Procedures
Accredited NSCAP Service Providers
- Undergo a thorough review of their ability to deliver focused areas of incident response assistance services derived from industry best practices.
- Deliver consistent services using repeatable processes/procedures.
- Assign highly skilled and qualified staff to follow approved processes and procedures to deliver state-of-the-art services.
- Improve quality of delivered services through training, lessons learned and shared situational awareness.
Government Community Customers
- Use of an accredited cyber security assistance provider instills confidence that highly capable resources are available when needed.
- Established agreements with accredited providers fosters rapid engagement while minimizing response time and incident impact.
- Accredited providers augment existing IR resources with specialized capabilities and tools as part of a comprehensive IA risk management program.
- Receive state-of-the-art cyber incident response assistance.
See Also: NSCAP Accredited Companies
Send a message to the National Security Cyber Assistance Program Office