Rather than trying to break the cipher randomly with different decryption methods, try using these English factoids the next time you try to break a secret message!
* The MOST COMMON letters used in the English language are E, T, N, O, R, I, A, & S.
* More than HALF of all English words end in E, T, D, & S.
* T is the most common FIRST letter of a word.
* E is the most common LAST letter of a word.
* Q is always followed by a "U."
* There are NO English words that end in "Q" or "J."
* If a letter stands alone in a sentence, it can easily be identified as an "A" or an "I."
* The MOST COMMON word used in the English language is the word "THE."
* The word "STOP" replaces "." at the end of a sentence.
MEET AT SIX STOP BRING CANDY STOP
* The MOST COMMON Doublets (when the same letter is used twice in a row) found in the English language are:
EE, TT, OO, SS, LL, FF
EERY ATTIC ROOM STOP ACCESS STILL CUTOFF STOP
* The MOST COMMON 2-Letter combinations found in the English language are:
HE, RE, AN, TH, ER, IN
HELP STOP RESEND MAN WITH WATER INSIDE STOP
* The MOST COMMON 3-Letter combinations found in the English language are:
ION, AND, ING, THE, ENT
UNION DISBANDING STOP TIMING THE DESCENT STOP