TEMPEST product descriptions are provided by the vendor without modification by the U.S. Government. NSA is not responsible for the accuracy or content of the product descriptions.
TEMPEST Level II|
No longer produced|
Emanation Control (EMCON) Ltd.|
588 TEMPEST Pentium|
The EMCON 588 TEMPEST Level 2 Pentium Computer is based upon a high performance PCI/ ISA hybird bus system board using the Intel Triton HX chip set. The system board supports up to 7 optional cards (maximum 4 PCI) and provides on board EIDE and I/O support. The system is configured as either a mid-tower or desktop with three (3) half height 5.25 inch and two (2) 3.5 inch device bays.
The system may be configured from the following components:
* Processor: Intel Pentium 133, 166, 200 Mhz.
* Cache Memory: 256 KB standard, 512 KB optional
* RAM: 16 MB EDO standard, expandable to 256 MB. Error checking and correcting (ECC) RAM optional.
* Removable Hard Disc Drives: EIDE or Ultra SCSI, capacities from 2 GB to 9 GB.
* Floppy Drives: 1.2 MB 5.25", 1.44 MB 3.5", combo 1.2/1.44 MB.
* SCSI Controllers: Adaptec AHA 2940U, PCI Bus, Adaptec AHA 2940UW, PCI, External SCSI Port available.
* Video Controller: PCI Bus, 2 MB VRAM (4 MB VRAM Optional).
* Ethernet Controller: PCI Bus, Fibre optic (FOIRL) or AUI interface.
* Keyboard: 104/105 key Windows 95/Windows NT compatible. Foreign language variants available.
* Mouse: Microsoft "J" type PS2 mouse. Serial Mouse optional.
* CD ROM: EIDE or SCSI.
* CDR Recordable: Upon Request
* Monitors: EMCON T528UXL-2 15" SVGA Colour Monitor, EMCON T1730DC-2 17" SVGA Colour Monitor|